Saturday, September 3, 2011

EVENT # 30 1,000 ROPE JUMPS



Friday, I FINISHED MY CHALLENGE all alone in my little elementary gym where I teach.  I concluded this challenge with a sport that I actually have been coaching for the better part of 11 years:  Rope Jumping.  I have been the jump rope coach at my schools and have actually become a decent jumper myself over the years as I have learned different tricks and skills of my own.  Friday I took the challenge of attempting 1,000 jumps in a row.  My goal was to jump 100 single jumps at a time and then slow down to a double side swing jump for 10-15 jumps and then back to another set of 100 singles until I reached 1,000.  I only missed on about 12 occasions, from what I can count.  Not too bad and it definitely gave a great little 15 minute workout.  As I was approaching the 800 mark it began to hit me that I was about to end this challenge for the summer and I was taken back to that day in early June when I decided to do these events.  I started out kind of slow and have ended on a slower note but the the middle of my challenge was pretty sweet.  I am incredibly impressed with ALL of the people who have helped me make this journey a great one!  Thank you to everyone who was a part of this.  I am truly blessed to have been healthy enough to start and finish this challenge.  What a cool summer 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment