Sunday, September 4, 2011

OVERTIME GAMES: GEOCACHING (Sept. 4)


Well, it certainly did not take me long to come back to this challenge.  I have a few contacts that were not able to meet with me during the summer, so I have decided to do some OVERTIME GAMES in which I will be adding periodically.  Today, I took my boys GEOCACHING.  A friend from church instructed me on this new sport where you use a GPS system to find treasures.  Today, we ventured out to find two treasures in a local park.  If you have boys, then this is a perfect way to get them out on trails and hiking.  Just tell them you are looking for treasure!  And that we found, according to them.  At one location, we found a metal box with pencils and notepads.  At the next location, we found a can of toy cars and other dollar store items.  They thought that was cool!  In order to learn about this sport, I went to  www.geocaching.com and logged in as well as used a GPS system.  

No comments:

Post a Comment