Wednesday, June 22, 2011

EVENT #3 Swimming (June14)




This event was yet another individual sport.  I'm getting worried that my opportunities to play in a team situation will be limited this summer.  That is one of my challenges ahead.  With this challenge, I returned to my high school sport of swimming.  My best stroke was the 50 free style.  I swam 1/2 mile warm up and then attempted the 50 meter as fast as I could.  Not quite the 27 seconds from high school but a great workout.  In fact this looks closer to 42 seconds which I am disappointed in.  I need to start from a dive and then I'll get closer to that goal.  Maybe it was because I was in the "slow lane" as you can see!  My oldest son decided to swim with me and my youngest is cheering along the side of the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment