Wednesday, June 29, 2011

EVENT # 7 TENNIS (June 28)

So one of my rules is if someone calls me to play a game, I have to accept.  Kind of like the movie "Supersize Me" where the guy has to accept if McDonalds ask him to supersize the meal.  I was getting a little worried today because in order to complete this challenge by Labor Day, I have to participate in some type of sport at least every 3 days.  I had nothing lined up for today and was getting desperate until I got a call from my neighbor to play tennis at the park.  So of course, I accepted.  The game went well.  My neighbor seems to be a good match for me unless he was holding back.  I had not played a real game of tennis in years as indicated by the condition of my tennis racket in my garage.  The grip had melted to the point of staining my hand black when playing with it but it still worked.  My forehand was ok, my backhand was actually better, and my serves were not that great which is why I came up short in the two games we played.  We were told to leave the park after two games by the park ranger over his intercom in his car because of lightening.  I'm convinced I was just warming up and had a lot left in me.  We'll complete the set another time, but it counts as my number 7 event for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment