Wednesday, June 22, 2011

EVENT # 5 Stair Climbing (June 22)



So you say this is not a sport.  Check it out on you tube.  In fact, many cities are hosting stair climbing events in some of their tallest buildings.  Charlotte just recently hosted a Tower Climb back in March that I was not able to participate in where you would have to climb 42 flights of stairs.  So when I heard about this event, I started to train a few times at a local hotel that had 8 flights of stairs.  I have googled "tallest buildings" in charlotte and this is definitely not one of them but I am not allowed to train in one of the buildings downtown, for good reasons.  So this afternoon I ran 8 flights of stairs 8 times for a total of 1,093 steps.  Granted this was up and down each time but it definitely got my heart rate up in a short amount of time.  So next time you stay at a hotel.....TAKE THE STAIRS!!  The great thing about running at this particular hotel is that it is a very nice, upscale resort hotel and I always enjoy walking in with my running shorts and t-shirt on past all of the greeters at the front door who welcome me with smiles.  NO I'm not really staying here,  just working out.  Now can I have a glass of water?

No comments:

Post a Comment