Tuesday, August 9, 2011

EVENT # 22 FIELD GOAL KICKING (Aug. 6)





So I was really hoping at some point in this challenge to do some real football drills but this is as close as I have come so far.  I took my family downtown to the Carolina Panthers Fan Fest, where they allow you to actually go ON the field and kick a 25 yard field goal before the players come out to practice.  I did this several years ago and with lots of practice the night before, I actually made the goal then.  This time I decided to go to this event at the last minute without any practice.  I was second in line and as they ushered me out to the field, I once again felt like a little kid walking out on the actual field where my beloved Panthers play on Sundays.  I watched the first guy go and then it was me.  "This would be the game winning kick.  If I make it, we go to the Super Bowl".  I measured my steps, moved back at an angle, looked up at the goal and made my approach.  As I kicked underneath the ball, it felt good.   I thought that I would do it again until "BOINK".  I HIT THE LEFT SIDE UPRIGHT!  ARRRGGGHHH!!  At least I didn't shank it off to the side.  You can see the guy behind me walking back after his kick.  Yes, it was long walk of shame after my kick but a fun time being on the same field that John Kasey used to win all those games for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment