Thursday, August 4, 2011

EVENT # 21 ROCK CLIMBING (August 4)




This is where it got hard!

 Steady!

All right, I'm coming down.

Tonight I participated in the sport of rock climbing at Inner Peaks of Charlotte.  On a 98 degree day outside, this was a great indoor activity and a fantastic facility.  Upon walking in Inner Peaks, I witnessed people of ALL ages from what looked to be 3 years old and up climbing on all kinds of different climbing towers.  There is a wall for any ability level.  My good friend Jason joined me once again in his support of me getting through this challenge.  This is a two person activity where one climbs and the other "belays" the leader by feeding out enough rope to allow upward progression.   It is definitely a trust activity so THANK YOU JASON!  I have been to Inner Peaks once before to climb so I knew what I wanted to accomplish tonight.  This particular wall has a pretty nice grade where you have to get up and over that cliff.  I did accomplish this once on the side where I am climbing in the pictures but did not make it when I tried more towards the middle.  My hands and forearms were getting quite fatigued.  I did make it to the top on three other walls tonight.  All in all, a great night and a fun time at Inner Peaks for my event 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment