Sunday, August 14, 2011

EVENT # 26 BEACH VOLLEYBALL (August 14)





Today I joined a buddy of mine named Scott, who is a former professional beach volleyball player.  Scott took me through some of the background and rules of Beach Volleyball and then we threw the ball back and forth to get warmed up.  We then worked on some tosses and bumps back and forth to each other.  Then Scott introduced me to a great practice called Peppering, in which we basically rallied back and forth to each other in a bump, set and spike pattern.  This went on for a while, which turned out to be a great workout.  Since we didn't play a true game today, we focused on skill development such as getting set up for a spike over the 7 and half foot net and serving.  All of these I felt pretty good with until I compared my video to his.  As you can see, my serve hit the back of the court and stopped and his hit the back of the court and kept on going out into the parking lot.  That's a powerful serve!  It would help if I get a little air time under my serve after seeing his.  Our kids were swimming at the pool next to us and were yelling for us to come swim, so our session was over but I would love to get back out on the sand sometime to get some good competitive games going soon.  Thanks Scott for your time and coaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment