Thursday, August 11, 2011

EVENT # 23 WHITEWATER RAFTING (August 11)



Today I visited the National Whitewater Center in Charlotte.  This center has multiple options for sports but I focused on TWO that are very unique to this center, whitewater rafting and the adventure courses.  I started out the day hitting the class 3 and 4 rapids in the whitewater course.  My major goal today was to STAY IN THE BOAT and that I did.  Last time I visited, I fell out because I didn't have my foot secured in place in the boat.  I did however, kind of help the guy beside me fall in after we came through one of the class 4 rapids.  As we tipped to one side, I shifted almost on top of him and felt both of us being sucked out of the boat.  I stayed in somehow but he ended up going out, which from what I remember last time, is a shock at first and then is fun once you realize you are safe.  We picked him up and successfully made it through the second time.  I have never been on a real whitewater rafting trip but this apparently is very close and is a great place to start if you have never been rafting.  If you have been rafting, tell your raft guide that you want an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment