Thursday, August 11, 2011

EVENT # 24 (Adventure Courses at Whitewater Center) August 11



Today was a good day.  I was able to knock out TWO sports in one day.  Actually, when you purchase a day pass from the National Whitewater Center, you can knock out a bunch of sports like biking, hiking, and kayaking in one day.  They also have these really cool Adventure courses where you get strapped into a harness and are connected to a cable line.  Then you have to travel from tree to tree walking on only one cable and holding onto ropes.  GREAT CORE and STABILITY workout today.  I started up the basic adventure course and then climbed the biggest cargo net you can imagine.  Once I climbed up that, I had to get down by riding the zip line from about 50 feet up in the air.  That was cool!  I then preceded to the the next course called the Canyon Crossing.  I was not able to get video since it is not a good idea to hold a camera while you are climbing but I have included a video from the Whitewater Center that shows you what I did.  It will definitely test your fear of heights but very fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment