Sunday, July 31, 2011

EVENT # 20 BEACH SPORTS (July 30)





Well it is REALLY hard to try to play a true sport when you are on a 5 day vacation to the beach!  Most people just want to relax and let the waves crash over their feet.   But with this challenge I have set before me, I had to get creative.  I had thought about a variety of options, none of which I felt were solid enough to include alone.  So I created a SPORTS COMBO DAY at the beach.  I started out Saturday morning doing something that is a little "different" and new for me.  It is called funcycling or recumbent biking on the beach.  It is kind of like a big wheel that you control with your body.  I biked several miles up and down the beach as loungers were soaking up the rays.  It's just as well since I would be sitting around burning and not tanning!  Upon returning, I got engaged in a quick game of paddleball with my wife and a good round of bocce ball with the kids.  Then after a fun afternoon of boogie boarding with the boys out in the water, we went in for some much needed rest and then back out in the evening for the classic beach sport of Putt-Putt.  I knocked in a few hole in ones as did my 5 and 8 year old.  Not the toughest competition of the summer but I think I made it work.  Now on to the last third of my challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment