Saturday, July 9, 2011

EVENT # 11 BALLROOM DANCING! (July 7 and 8)


OK, OK, OK.  I did NOT lose my man card here!!  If Hines Ward can do it, so can I.  This was my birthday present to my wife this year to take ballroom dancing lessons at Piper Glen Ballroom Dancing.  She loves to dance, especially zumba, but as for me, I'm not exactly John Travolta, maybe more like Elaine Benes.  As an elementary PE teacher, I do have to teach my students different dances like the chicken dance, hokey pokey, square dancing and even the electric slide, but this was quite different.  We were taught the rhumba, the swing, and the fox trot.  Trust me, we will not be on Dancing with the Stars anytime soon but it was fun to learn these dances with my wife.  I was WAY out of my comfort zone and she was the one cracking the jokes.  I like the Seinfeld reference she made when our teacher told us to face belly button to belly button......HEEELLLOOOO!...LA LA LA!!    Our teacher, Lucianne, was very good and gave us great cues to help me out with my awkwardness.  We have two more lessons coming up and I'll see where I'm at then.  This will probably not be my most successful sports this summer but will possibly be my most improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment