Sunday, July 24, 2011

EVENT # 18 ROLLERBLADING (July 24)




OK, here's the story.  I was about 13 years old and on a middle school church snow skiing retreat.  As my ski lift approached the top of the mountain, I attempted to get off and fell right in front of all the other lifts coming by.  I couldn't get up and the guy standing there just looked at me!  Then it took me about 2 hours to get down the mountain!  Needless to say, I DO NOT LIKE THINGS UNDER MY FEET!  I have never been good at skating, rollerskating, skiing, etc.  So tonight, I went out to my garage and dusted off an old pair of rollerblades that have been stored away for years and got completely padded up to face my fears.  I would absolutely LOVE to be able to skate freely and fast but as you can see, I look more like Frankenstein walking.  So after a few falls, I got back up and SLOWLY made it down the street.  I need some real coaching in this area.  Not one of my best events this summer but I tried and don't ever forget that lesson boys and girls.

1 comment:

  1. I love sports. And the 30 Sports/ 90 Days seems a great challenge for us. It is a very nice post. Thankyou! for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete