Sunday, July 17, 2011

EVENT # 15 Disc Golf (July 17)

On this lazy Sunday afternoon, I took my boys to Squirrel Lake Park in Matthews, NC.  This is described as a heavily wooded course and I believe it by the way we were hitting trees.  The object of this sport it to throw discs, not plastic frisbees, toward a target in as few times as possible.  The scoring is similar to real golf.  My boys have enjoyed this before.  We usually take turns throwing the disc and it usually takes a lot of throws to get it there.  After I played with my boys, I decided to go again for nine holes running the course.  As I started, there were three other guys getting ready and they showed me their elaborate collection of discs.  There are driving discs, short range discs, and putting discs.  I only have ONE disc which is a all-purpose driver.  So I used that the whole time.  Maybe my game would have been better if I used other discs because I only shot bogeys and double bogeys the whole course.  But I did get my heart rate up and a good sweat going in the 12 minutes it took me to run this course.  My next challenge with this would be to try some of the more difficult courses in Charlotte such as Renaissance.  The distance for that course looks to be more than double what I played to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment