Saturday, July 16, 2011

EVENT # 14 Taekwondo (July 15)

Friday night I participated in the sport of Taekwondo under the instruction of Master Abhai Singh.  He is the president of Sangrock Black Belt World which is located in South Charlotte, Matthews area.  I had Master Singh participate in my Field Day at my school this past year and the kids loved it.  So I had to try it out.  I called to schedule an appointment for my two sons and me but I didn't realize I would be the only "grown up" in the class.  I kind of felt like Billy Madison going back to school as an oversized kid.  With that said, Master Singh personally took the time to work with me, particularly with stretching out my lower back so that I would be ready for those kicks.  At one point, he had me stand back to back with him while he leaned forward and I went backwards.  He told me to relax but it's kind of hard when you are balancing on another guy's back upside down!  My two sons had a great time as well and are wanting to possibly take classes in the fall.  I can't say enough about how professional and kind Master Singh was throughout this class.  I really enjoyed stretching, running, jumping, kicking and punching my way though my event # 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment